This Text Messaging Wireless Policy applies to each account you have with us for which you have elected to receive text messages (plain text SMS messages, multimedia rich MMS, and/or any future messaging technologies) (collectively, “Text Messages”).
- DEFINITIONS: The words “US,” “OUR,” and “WE” refer to Canada Financial Services, subsidiaries, affiliates, strategic partners, and/or agents with whom we have contracted to market or otherwise communicate with you, including assistance to facilitate payments to your Account(s). The words “YOU” and “YOUR” mean the individual identified on the account(s) you have with US (“Account”). As used in this Text Messaging Wireless Policy, “Text Notifications” means any text message communication from us to you pertaining to your Application / Account including, but not limited to, marketing, application, account or payment information, promotions, due date reminders, delinquent accounts, coupons and other marketing material.
- PROGRAM FREQUENCY: We will send you Text Messages in a manner and frequency to adequately provide you with the services for which you contacted Company as well as to advise you of other related information.
- HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE: You may cancel or otherwise withdraw your consent to receive Text Notifications by texting STOP, END, UNSUBSCRIBE, OR QUIT to any message you receive. You may also cancel or otherwise withdraw your consent by sending an email to us at any time to email@example.com. At our option, we may treat your provision of an invalid mobile phone number, or the subsequent malfunction of a previously valid mobile phone number, as a withdrawal of your consent to receive Text Notifications. We DO NOT impose any fee to process the withdrawal of your consent to receive Text Notifications. Any withdrawal of your consent to use Text Notifications will be effective only after we have a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal.
- DUTY TO MAINTAIN and UPDATE YOUR RECORDS: It is your responsibility to provide us with a valid, true, accurate and complete mobile number and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. You can update your mobile number by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS: To receive Text Notifications from us, you must have:
a mobile phone capable of receiving, displaying, and responding to Text Messages; an active mobile phone account with a communication service provider that offers services for receiving and sending Text Messages; a service plan associated with your mobile phone that provides for receiving Text Messaging; and sufficient storage capacity on your mobile phone.
- COMMUNICATIONS IN WRITING: All Text Notifications sent to and/or received from you in electronic format shall be considered “in writing” to the extent allowed by law. This means that Text Notifications may constitute your contractual agreement to certain terms in applicable circumstances.
- CHARGES: We do not charge you a service fee to send you Text Notifications. However, your communication service provider may charge you for receiving and sending Text Notifications. You are responsible for any and all charges from your communication service provider including, but not limited to, fees associated with text messaging and notifications. You should consult your communication service provider (mobile service carrier)’s pricing plan to determine its applicable charges for receiving and sending text messages and notifications.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS ON WIRELESS POLICY:
- You agree that we may send any Text Notifications for you through your communication service provider to deliver them to you.
- Text Notifications are provided for your convenience only.
Last Updated: 03/06/2015